Thai-Style Summer Lettuce Wraps
Use with Riesenstein Farm's Lettuce wrap leaves
- Large lettuce leaves washed and blotted with paper towel to remove excess moisture
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ¼ cup minced carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped garlic scapes or three cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño or serrano chili more if you like spicy!
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Vegetable oil for sautéing
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Nam Pla-Thai fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha again, more if you like it spicier!
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Asian glass noodle one cluster cooked and cooled, tossed with 1 tbsp. dressing to prevent sticking
- Snow peas strings removed, julienned, blanched, and cooled
- Zucchini majority of pulp removed, cut into matchstick sized strips, sautéed, and cooled
- Cucumber seeds removed, cut into long thin strips
- Radishes cut into thin strips
Heat half a tablespoon vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Fry pork, garlic scapes, and minced carrot over medium high heat, breaking up meat with a spatula or wooden spoon, until meat is just cooked through and vegetables are tender, about five minutes. Add jalapeño, stir, and cook another two minutes. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl using a slotted spoon to drain off any excess cooking fat, toss with chopped cilantro, and let cool slightly while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, nam pla, sugar, sesame oil, and sriracha. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Pouring in a steady stream, whisk in vegetable oil and beat until dressing thickens slightly. Pour ¼ cup dressing over pork and toss until mixture is thoroughly coated.
Arrange noodles and julienned vegetables on a platter alongside lettuce leaves. Serve together with dressed pork mixture. Compose your lettuce wrap with the components of your choice. Garnish with additional lime and/or cilantro leaves. Drizzle with remaining dressing if desired.